St Austell & Newquay Constituency Labour Party
Annual General Meeting 2020
Thursday 19th November 2020
Online via Zoom
7.30 – 9.30 pm
1. Approval of minutes from AGM 2019
2. Chair/Secretary Report for 2019-20
3. Treasurer’s Report for 2019-20
4. Election of Chair 2020-21
5. Election of Officers 2020-21
6. Election of LCF Delegates 2020-21
7. Election of Auditors 2020-21
Rules re: composition of the Executive Committee:
1. The committee shall comprise at least 50% women
2. All officers are voting members
3. Coordinators are not voting members
4. Auditors are not voting members
5. Officer roles may be shared with the exception of Chair and Treasurer 6. More information on the roles is available here: https://labour.org.uk/activist-hub/local-party-resources/local-party-guides/local-roleholder-descriptions/
Procedure for Nominations:
In 2020, our AGM will be an online meeting with the preregistration of attendees and candidates where possible. The online voting system will be easier if both candidate nominations & voters are already on the system prior to the start of the AGM. On the night alterations may be made but will slow down the process. Hence we are sending 28 days’ notice of the AGM allowing 14 days to nominate & 14 days to read candidate statements prior to the AGM. Registration for the AGM will also be requested in advance. Our apologies for these additional measures but we need to ensure that correct procedure is followed.
1. All posts are open for nominations or self-nomination.
2. If you are interested in standing, then please complete the form on the website here: https://www.staustellandnewquaylabour.com/agm--nominations.html
If you do not have a proposer and seconder at this stage, this can be added prior to or at the AGM.
The information that you provide for why you are standing is optional but will be used on a private page of the website for members to see so it is your chance to sell yourself.
3. For shared posts, both members must be nominated as a role-share prior to the AGM
Officer Roles to be elected:
Position Shareable post?
Chair (Deputy Treasurer) N
Vice Chair Y
Vice Chair (Membership) Y
Women's Officer Y
Policy Officer Y
BAME Officer Y
Disability Officer Y
LGBT+ Officer Y
Youth Officer Y
Trade Union Liaison Officer Y
Political Education Officer Y
Social Media Comms & IT Officer Y
Rural Affairs Officer (new post) Y
Campaign Co-ordinator Y
Climate Change Coordinator Y
Community Coordinator Y
Fundraising Coordinator Y
Press Coordinator Y
Rules re role-sharing:
1. A role can be shared by a maximum of 2 members
2. Those members must be specifically nominated as a role-share
3. Any members sharing a role will only have the equivalent of one vote between them either as:
a. One vote each when only one of the role-share members attends a meeting
b. 0.5 votes each when both members are in attendance
c. Both members agree to nominate one as the voting member
4. Where a man and a woman are role-sharing, the woman does not count towards the minimum quota of women unless there is also another woman as part of a role-share .
5. For positions that require access to data,
both members of the role-share must sign the personal data form.