A LOCAL VOICE FOR LOCAL PEOPLE
I spent most of my childhood living in Ledrah Gardens, and was educated in
St Austell until age 18. I am married to Gavin, a Cornishman, and we raised our children at Trenance Road. After 29 happy years there we downsized a short way out of town, but Gover still and will always feel like home territory.
Local issues that particularly concern me are:
• Threats to local surgeries and hospitals
• The shortage of genuinely affordable housing in our area, both for sale and for rent
• Planning, particularly finding a balance between housing needs, pressure on roads, schools and services, environmental concerns, and the overall character of
• Low pay and zero hours jobs contracts
• Support for the less fortunate and for those charities and organisations helping them
• Support for our local library, arts and leisure facilities
If elected I will make myself available to listen to your concerns and make your voice heard, be it at Town Council level or higher. I will ensure that I respond to you promptly and keep you informed.
Labour promises to treat all people fairly and with respect, and to give them a real say in their local communities. So do I.
I hope very much I can rely on your vote on Thursday 26th October.
If you would like to get in touch, you can contact me here or via my email address Sallycarter7@aol.com.
This blog will be created by members of the Exec committee or by local Labour Councillors on topics of interest to the St Austell & Newquay Labour Party